Hashtags are a great way to target your job posts. If you need help creating a list of hashtags to use for your jobs, check out our best practices!
There are different ways that you can add hashtags of your choosing to your automated CareerArc postings.
Custom Hashtags based on Job Type or Job Title
Step 1: Hover over job distribution, click into settings and then find job title & job type hashtags.
- Click the button to add a new custom hashtag or edit existing ones.
- For job title hashtags, you can choose specific job titles to add hashtags for or you can switch to partial match (for example, all jobs with "nurse" anywhere in the title will get "#RN")
- Partial match is recommended and will pick up any variance in job titles.
- For job type hashtags, choose which job type you'd like to add the hashtag for.
Step 2: Type or paste the desired hashtags into the field at the bottom of the box (separate with spaces). Be sure to include the "#" for all.
Step 3: Click "save" and your hashtags will now appear in the list. You can edit these at any time.
Custom Hashtags based on Location
Step 1: Hover over job distribution, click into settings and click the edit button for location hashtags.
Step 2: Click the button, and you can type in a city, state, and/or country to add a hashtag.
Step 4: Type the hashtag you'd like to add into the box and click save.
Step 5: Your hashtags will now appear in the list.
- You can edit these at any time by hovering over the right side and clicking the button.
You can add in campaign level hashtags if you would like to add special hashtags about the jobs that are distributing in a campaign. If there are company hashtags that you would like to have on certain platforms/pages you can use campaign level hashtags to distribute these. (For example: #CareerArcJobs)
Step 1: Find and click the specific campaign where you would like to add the hashtags.
Step 2: Click the button next to campaign settings.
Step 3: Add your hashtags separated out by commas.
Step 4: Click update. These hashtags are now connected to the campaign.