This article details a step-by-step guide on how to connect your social media channels in the CareerArc dashboard.
Connecting your social media channels in the CareerArc dashboard allows you to utilize automated job distribution campaigns and gives you the ability to schedule social media posts in the Content Calendar.
Step 1: Click the Social Media Accounts button in the left-hand navigation panel.
Step 2: Click the blue “Add Account” button under the corresponding social media channel you want to connect.
- If you’re connecting a Twitter channel, you’ll click the Add Account button under Twitter
- For a Linkedin Company Page, you’ll click the Add Account button under the Linkedin - Company section, so on and so forth.
- Note: If you do not see the option to add a new account, please reach out to Support here.
Step 3: Enter a name for the channel and click Create.
Step 4: Click the “Send Activation Email” button and enter the email address of the page admin (this is where we’ll send authorization reminders).
- If you’re the administrator of the social media account you’re trying to connect, proceed to step 5.
- If you are not the administrator for the social media account, you can click the “Send activation email” link to send an activation email to the page admin or copy and paste the authorization link to manually send to the page admin. The page administrator can follow the remaining steps.
Step 5: Click the Activate Now button.
Step 6: If you’re connecting a Twitter or Linkedin account, a pop-up will appear asking you to log in to the account you’re trying to connect.
- Enter the username & password for the account and click Sign In
- The channel will connect after clicking Sign In. (For Facebook connections, proceed to Step 7).
Step 7: If you’re connecting a Facebook channel, you’ll see the pop-up shown below. Click the “Continue as ____” button.
Step 8: Follow the prompts on the next 2 pages. On the first page, select the page you wish to connect and click Next.
Step 9: Make sure all of the permissions are set to Yes and click Done.
Step 10: On the final page you’ll see a drop-down menu -- select the page you wish to connect and click Save. The page will connect after this.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully connected your social media accounts. You can now create a campaign for automated job distribution to the accounts you connected, and can also start scheduling posts on the Content Calendar! Click here for steps on how to create a campaign. Click here for instructions on how to use the Content Calendar.